Skip to main content

Never ending heat and chicken feet

¿Que Tal?
This week was a good one here in Honduras. The weather looks like it might change a little bit so that is good. This week we had stake conference, and it was really good. They really focused on doing the little things like reading and studying the scriptures, and praying sincerely every day. These are the things that build faith every day. Just something I got out of the Stake Conference.
This week we had the Christmas party for the ward and it was super cool. The christmas music here is super different than back home. They have a lot of merengue (I think that is what they were calling it). Lots of the ward went.
This week we also went to a house of one of our investigator families to paint their house. We painted almost their whole house just with brushes, it took forever. It was good though, they gave us baleadas and pastelitos. They are a super cool family, and we are hoping they will progress. Leyni is really good, she is almost done with 1 Nephi in the Book of Mormon and we are really excited. She is awesome and really wants to follow Jesus Christ. We did a lot of contacting this week too, and we talked to everybody about #LighttheWorld the church is doing. It is really great, because we really can share the light that we have by serving others. We have been looking for opportunities to serve more so we can be an example to others.
Funny Story
There is this dog, I am pretty sure it has a demon inside it, that is always at the end of our street. And the other day, it was there at the end of the street barking and growling like normal. Then one of my comps started running at the dog, and the dog went to turn around to start running and smacked its head on the back of a car so hard and i think it knocked itself out. We all busted up laughing. The security guard at the end of our street was drinking a coke when it happened and he snorted it out of his nose.
Food
This week a member bought us some food. We got there and there are 2 gigantic plates of pollo chuco (chicken with fried plantains and a lot of sauce). Seriously I think 3 people could have eaten from one plate. It was really good. But, as we were eating we found these things in the sauce. And it turns out they were chicken feet. No we didnt eat them, but I almost did just to be able to say that I have eaten chicken feet.

Comments

  1. Chicken feet. Yikes. The little things... they work in Arizona, Missouri, Utah and all the way to Honduras. =) Thanks for sharing his letters

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The last one!

Wow, this is the last email I am going to send from Honduras. I feel very strange, as if I were leaving home all over again. 2 years ago, I received my mission call to come to San Pedro Sula, Honduras. A city that I didn't know existed at that time. A place where I couldn't speak the language, where I would eat food that I had never tried before. A country where I knew absolutely no one, a city where people who google it, get scared of going there. Yet, I couldn't have chosen a more amazing place to have gone if I could have. 2 years later, I realize that I love this place. I have come to love these people as if they were my family. They have welcomed me here as if I were their family. I have been with them, teaching them about Christ, about the plan that God has for each one of us. I have talked with them about the Atonement, and that through it we can receive forgiveness, strength, and comfort, because the Lord loves us. He gave his life so that we could be happy. I h...

Update from Honduras

Sam was short on time this week so he asked me to piece together from emails he sent to us.  So, it may be a little choppy and all, but we love to hear about the experiences he is having. So, last week we had an area conference with Elder Alonso who is the area authority for the church in Central America.  It was great.  Elder Alonso taught me a lot even though I couldn't understand all of it.  He spoke about teaching with the spirit, and the role of the spirit in our lessons.  I am really trying to apply what he said, and it has already helped in lessons. Last Friday night, we got called to give blessing to a less active sister who had had an operation and wasn't feeling very well. We had no idea where she lived so first we had to track down her house, and it was on this path down behind a pulpería in the really poor part of our área called El Bordo. We walked in and talked to her for a little while and the whole time I was thinking, I don'...

Warm weather is back!

Hey everyone! So this week was super good. We were able to keep teaching Lesly and Leiny. It has been awesome to be able to see their progress in this time that we have been teaching them. We are excited to keep teaching them, and we hope that they will continue to learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  This past week we were running out of places to contact, because our area doesn't have very many contactable houses because of the gates on the streets, so we went to a poorer part of our area. It was super cool, because we were able to find people that were awesome and prepared to hear the Gospel. So we will see how that goes with all of them.  Elder Trujillo was kind of sick this past week so that wasn't very fun for everyone but, we are hoping the medicine he has now will help him out.  Every time that I teach the Restoration of the Gospel I feel the spirit, it is amazing. I know that the Church is true, and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. In my...